Thursday, May 20, 2010

Week 15- 'Meta' post

When I look back and consider the content of my blog it seems to me that I have used in an almost too formal matter. The language I find is very aware that my tutor and lecturers will be reading this and to a certain capacity this will be up for assessment. I feel that this awareness may have hindered my personality. But however I see this as a learning curve and it has been nice to re-read my weekly blogs it seems as though almost everything in the lecture was 'cool'. Although thinking about it now I can see myself letting go of this formal tone next time around. I would really like to just have a carefree vibe to the language and post on just chuck in posts on music that I really like or movies that I'm pumped to see that sort of thing. The content of my blog I thought was reasonably good as it really just gave my insight into the content in the lectures. Though I think I may have played it safe, trying to write long blogs also kept me from just posting anything I saw.

It seems my audience was bigger than Sharon and Michael. I was able to find three followers (thank you guys!) before I was content to no longer wallow is blogging self doubt. Traffic is something that I wasn't able to work out looked all over blogger for something and it seems that I needed to set up a counter like blog hit counter or stat counter which involved me slabbing some html code in at the beginning of the semester. Oh well know for next time that's for sure. As for ways that I could increase the traffic on my blog I think more images, videos and zippier title might draw in some off that lost traffic. I have also found that humour might be more appealing too. If you have ever read anything from 26bslash7 you will know what I mean the guy is just full of the most random things its hilarious. 

I think that social media sites are here to stay though I am unsure as to whether blogs will make the cut in the next few years. I might just be my ignorance to their true potential until well just now but with sites likes Facebook I suspect the fast updates from everyone on the same feed might just beat the blog in the social media race. Seems that this may be because  Facebook have a simple interface, the lack of customization means that there is a greater focus on network and content. Think that the news feed makes it alot easier too as you don't have to set anything up save for accepting a friend request. Where feed readers you might have to deal with a unfriendly interface just to keep up with you reading.

Maybe the future is a something that resembles facebook but has a few elements for customization and possibility of archiving particular posts that the user tag as a 'blog' post.
Maybe... I should approach facebook =D who knows. 

This blog has been my first baby steps into networked media and I am looking forward to starting a new blog during the winter term that talks about things I see on the internet, movies, tv shows, music, comics and games. I'll keep you guys posted.

BTW here are the links to my best three posts! 
Week 6- Carving Up The World
Week 9- Web 2.0

Week 10- Multiplicity

I would like to just say a final thanks to everyone been great meeting you all and I look forward to seeing you all next semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment