Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 13- How many things can I roll into a weekend?

The answer is a lot. Friday- preparing for my 21st then on Saturday I had the 21st, it was pretty sweet and a little disturbing how many times my baby photos were re-watched and now it is Sunday and its mother's day!
But never fear my Data Vis is coming along nicely at this point I'm wondering what I can add to it. At the moment I have two graphs one showing the popularity of an album by an artist. These results are broken up by years and months. This can show how my listening habits change according to the time of year. The other is a line graph and it shows from the date of import to the date I last played a song how I listened to it during that time. I have even added a trend line to this graph so we may predict future listening habits. From looking at it have seen that Linkin Park is currently experiencing the long tail effect. Now you might be thinking at the moment Justin! what you have there is an infographic but I have added a graph filter so you can tick which artists you want to compare and if that wasn't cool enough we have highlighting which allows you to click on a section of a graph and see how I listened to it in that particular month! At the moment I am looking at possibly doing a graph for genres but just toying with that at the moment and possibly linking these artists to amazon or itunes so you can check it out yourself. But thats just a few ideas see how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment